Monday, May 16, 2011

Learning to Live Gluten-free

While visiting my daughter in New York last summer, she suggested that I go on a gluten-free diet because I was having so many gastro-intestinal complaints.  While I was there my nurse-daughter cooked gluten-free meals and it was so amazing with how well I felt.  Within 2 weeks I had lost 14 pounds with no effort at all.   She suggested that perhaps a permanent gluten-free diet might be in order.  Wise advise! 

What an adventure this has been!  Trial and error and some wonderful new discoveries.  Thanks to all of you gluten-free cooks for the help you have been to me in finding supplies, cookbooks, recipies, and restaurants that serve gluten-free foods. 

These are some of my favorite gluten-free websites and books:

memmonitegirlscancook.blogspot.com (great non gluten-free recipes also)  See links at the right.
humblepie.blogspot.com
glutenfreegirl.blogspot.com
Allrecipes.com
Livingwithout.com
Glutenfreeclub.com

"The Gluten-Free Kitchen" by Roben Ryberg
"The Gluten-Free Gourmet" and "More from the Gluten-Free Gourmet" by Bette Hagman
Your local library is a great resource for Gluten-Free Cookbooks.

All of these have been so helpful to me.  I will keep posting recipes that I have tried and update you on the new websites that I find.  Please feel free to share with me your finds, recipes and ideas.
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...