1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into large chunks
6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1/3 cup oat flour
1/3 cup sweet rice flour
1 tsp. xanthan gum
1 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup peanut butter, heated in microwave 30 seconds to soften
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan with oil. Dust with sweet rice flour.
- Set a large pot of water over medium heat and bring to a gentle boil. Place a metal bowl on top of it. Place butter and chocolate in metal bowl. Cook, stirring with a rubber spatuala, until melted. Remove bowl from heat. Let cool to room temperature.
- Sift oat four, sweet rice flour and xanthan gum together into a large bowl. Stir in baking powder and salt.
- Whisk sugar into chocolate mixture. Whisk in eggs and vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients until mixture is just combined.
- Pour batter intgo prepared pan. Dollop peanut butter onto tip of batter. Gently swirl peanut butter into batter with a spoon. Smooth top of batter. Bake 25 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the middle of the pan comes out clean. Let cool completely before slicing into 16 squares. Serves 16