2/3 cup white rice flour
2/3 cup tapioca starch2/3 cup corn starch
1/4 cup potato starch
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbs sugar
3/4 cup shortening
1 Tbs rice vinegar
1 egg (beaten)
4 Tbs ice water
Lots of yummy fresh strawberries, whole or sliced (whatever you prefer)
- Combine the dry ingredients in a standing mixer with the whisk attachment on and whisk through the flours to sift it all together.
- Cut the shortening into smallish chunks into the dry mix. Using the whisk attachment, mix it until the mixture forms pea shaped clumps.
- In a small separate bowl beat the egg with the vinegar. Then add the ice cold water to the egg mixture. Add this to the mixture in the stand mixer.
- Change to the paddle attachment and mix until it all sticks together in a large dough ball. cover dough with saran wrap and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough between 2 sheets of parchment and place in a nice large pie dish. Prick the bottom and sides of the pie crust. Bake in a 450 degree preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes.
1. Mash 1 cup strawberries; set aside.
2. In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in water and mashed berries. Bring to a boil,
stirring constantly. Stir in food coloring if desired. Cook and stir 3 minutes more. Cool for 10
3. Spread about 1/3 cup glaze over bottom and sides of pie shell. Halve remaining strawberries;
arrange in shell. Spoon remaining glaze over berries. Chill for 1-2 hours. Just before serving,
garnish with whipped cream. Pie is best served the day it's made. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Note: Use ready made pie crusts for a non-gluten-free pie.