Saturday, July 2, 2011

Devotions - Creating a Santuary

Things I love to do in my quite place:

Be still and know He is God (this can be transforming)
Write my daily "To Do" list on index card (get that over & off my mind)
Journalize what I did yesterday (on daily devotional sheet) "Redeeming the Time"
Read Jill Brisco's "Lord I have shut the door" poem (below)
Study my Bible and pray
Sing praise songs
Listen to beautiful classical music
Read poetry
Make a list of the things I love
Make a list of things for which I am thankful
Write my pressing issues & concerns on small pieces of paper
and drop them into my alter jar symbolically turning them over to God
Send a greeting card or a note of encouragement or thanks
Reflect on where I am spiritually, physically and emotionally
Enjoy a hot cup of coffee or a spot of tea

Lord I Have Shut the Door
by Jill Brisco

Lord, I have shut the door, speak now the word
Which in din and throng could not be heard;
Hushed now my inner heart, whisper Thy will
While I have come apart, while all is still.

Lord, I have shut the door, here I bow,
Speak for my soul attend turns to Thee now.
Rebuke Thou what is vain, counsel my soul.
Thy holy will reveal, my will control.

Lord, I have shut the door, strengthen my heart;
Yonder awaits the task I share apart.
Only through grace bestowed may I be true.
Here while alone with Thee my strength renew.

Look for future posts--
How to make a "Living My Faith Journal"  
Daily Devotional Sheet
Goals and Projection Worksheet
Weekly Priority Planning Sheet


Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...