Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Feeling a little "homespun-ish"

Feeling a little "homespun-ish" this week.  I saw a picture of this quilt in Nancy Martin's book "Decorating with Quilts and Collections" and just loved it.  So several years ago I tried my best to replicate it.  Normally it appears on the back patio, but this week it is graciously making a guest appearance on the kitchen table.  It makes me feel like inviting someone over for coffee and pie!  (Made the pineapple pie yesterday...recipe below.)



This oil lamp has been in our family for many years.  I can remember it from my childhood and how many times we have used this in emergencies.  We still keep oil in it and do use it for a candle-lit dinner table and of course, emergencies. 
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...