Wednesday, August 24, 2011

LACE - Grandmothering

I'm joining Trish today at Lily-Rose Cottage.


This meme for sharing the feminine joys of home and family is based on Philippians 4:8
Whatever is..Lovely. Admirable. Cheerful. Encouraging. ~ LACE
"Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do.  Grandparents sort of  sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children."  Alex Haley

I became a grandmother three years ago.  My daughter gave birth to an handsome (as he says) little boy and through marriage we were gifted with a sweet 8-year old gal.  A dear friend presented me with this Emily Barnes book, and I just love it.   I keep it on my ottoman tray in our bedroom as a reminder for me to be thinking of (not hard to do) and to be praying earnestly for my precious grandchildren and their parents.  I thought Emilie's prayer list was a good one, and so I listed these things in my prayer journal:
  • That they would fear the Lord and serve Him.  Deuteronomy 6:13
  • That they would know Christ as Savior early in life.  Psalm 63:1
  • That they would desire the right kind of friends.  Proverbs 1:10, 15
  • That they will be saved for the right mate.  2 Corinthians 6:14
  • That they will submit totally to God.  James 4:7-8
  • That they will stay protected from wrong people or wrong places.  Hosea 2:6-7
  • That they will honor their parents.  Exodus 20:1
My husband and I enjoy every moment we have with our grandchildren.  They delight us! 
Delight--I love that word..."a high degree of pleasure or enjoyment; joy; rapture."
Even though we reside a distance apart, they are always near in our hearts. 

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...