I'm joining Trish today at Lily-Rose Cottage.
This meme for sharing the feminine joys of home and family is based on Philippians 4:8
Whatever is..Lovely. Admirable. Cheerful. Encouraging. ~ LACE"Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children." Alex Haley
I became a grandmother three years ago. My daughter gave birth to an handsome (as he says) little boy and through marriage we were gifted with a sweet 8-year old gal. A dear friend presented me with this Emily Barnes book, and I just love it. I keep it on my ottoman tray in our bedroom as a reminder for me to be thinking of (not hard to do) and to be praying earnestly for my precious grandchildren and their parents. I thought Emilie's prayer list was a good one, and so I listed these things in my prayer journal:
- That they would fear the Lord and serve Him. Deuteronomy 6:13
- That they would know Christ as Savior early in life. Psalm 63:1
- That they would desire the right kind of friends. Proverbs 1:10, 15
- That they will be saved for the right mate. 2 Corinthians 6:14
- That they will submit totally to God. James 4:7-8
- That they will stay protected from wrong people or wrong places. Hosea 2:6-7
- That they will honor their parents. Exodus 20:1
My husband and I enjoy every moment we have with our grandchildren. They delight us!
Delight--I love that word..."a high degree of pleasure or enjoyment; joy; rapture."
Even though we reside a distance apart, they are always near in our hearts.