Wednesday, August 31, 2011

LACE - Keeping Our Balance - Prioritizing

        ARE YOU OUT OF BALANCE? 

1.  How many of these seven things are true in your life?
  • I am constantly rushing around.
  • I am never fully at peace because there is always unfinished business that requires my attention.
  • I often force myself to make unpleasant choices because I have over-committed myself and don't  know how to get out of obligations
  • I am always rushing at the last minute to finish projects, or I frequently miss deadlines.
  • I put off my own interests and hobbies and other important activities due to the "tyranny of the urgent."
  • My family and loved ones suffer because of my hectic pace.
  • I spend much of my time doing what I don't want to do and very little time doing the things I wish I could do. 
2.  Which is the most severe for you?
3.  If you were to rate yourself a letter grade (A to F) in "Life Management," what would be your   
     grade?

A wise woman is one who has learned the art of balance--balancing the need to take care of self, while being willing to sacrifice for the needs of others.   We, as women, are stewards of the life we have been given.  We are our own "Life Managers."   Often our stressful lifestyle is a result of unwise use of time and wrong priorities.  We are not super women, and we cannot do it all!  It is okay to say NO, and at times, we should say NO. 

So how DO we prioritize? 
 This is the formula I use, and I hope that you find it helpful. 

I ask myself this question, "What can I do that no one else can do?"  and then outside the home, "Can someone else do it if  God is calling me to another priority?" 

1.  The Lord    
      "But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you."  Matt. 6:33  No one else can develop my relationship with Him, but me.  He is first in my life and first in my day.  My devotional and prayer time with Him is my first priority.   He gets the first fruits of our finances.  Faithful church attendance and service is a priority.  

2.   My Husband
      "An excellent wife is a crown of her husband..", Proverbs 12:4  No one else can be his wife (not   as long as I'm alive, anyway).  He needs to know and be shown that I love and respect him, and that I find great joy in spending my days with him. 

3.  My Child and Grandchildren  & Family
       "Behold, children are a gift of the Lord: the fruit of the womb is a reward."  Psalm 127:3   No one else can be her mother and no one else can be their Grandma Cornish.  I want them to know they are cherished, and that they are important to me  I must teach and model "Titus 2" and "The Shema" of Deuteronomy 6....to know, to memorize, to do, teach the Word of God so that it penetrates our hearts, minds and wills in all aspects of our lives.  Heeding the wisdom of the scriptures will help our children live long, healthy lives. 

4.  My Home
      "She looks well to the ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness."  Prov. 31:27  It is my responsibility to keep an clean, orderly, well-managed home, and a comfortable, cozy place for family.  I want it to also be a welcoming and hospitable place for friends and visitors.  

5.   Myself
     "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."  Matt. 19:19  I need take time to develop and grow as an individual...spiritually, intellectually, physically, emotionally, creatively and socially.  I want to be a "life-long learner." 

6.  Outside the Home
     "Go ye, therefore, and make disciples of all nations."  Matt. 28:19
People need the Lord.  I pray that the Lord will use me to show His love and to empower me to    share the gospel message with a needy and hurting world.  "May I Be His Love!"  as Kathy Triccoli sings.  I so want others to experience the love, peace, joy and grace that comes from a personal relationship with my blessed Savior, Jesus Christ.  

MAY YOU ENJOY A BLESSED, BALANCED LIFE! 


I'm joining Trish today at Lily-Rose Cottage.
This meme for sharing the feminine joys of home and family is based on Philippians 4:8
Whatever is..Lovely. Admirable. Cheerful. Encouraging. ~ LACE













Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...