Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Yummy Yogurt Parfaits - I'm hooked!

Blueberry Peach Parfait...My daughter in New York started me on mid-morning fruit and yogurt parfaits, and now I am hooked.  I just love the new thick, rich Greek yogurts, in combination with fresh fruit and the crunch of homemade granola.  Yummy and so healthful.  I enjoy coming up with different combinations like, a tropical one with fresh pineapple, banana and toasted coconut, or Mocha with a little espresso powder in the yogurt, crunchy cocoa crispies and toasted almonds.  How about, peach-melba or cinnamon apple (warm homemade applesauce) with crunchy cinnamon granola.   One of the best yogurt parfaits I have ever eaten was at the hotel restaurant in the Crown Plaza at Ventura Beach, California with fresh California blueberries and strawberries and a crunchy granola.  Their coffee was the best I have ever had!  I drank the whole carafe all by myself every morning.   My mouth waters just thinking about it. 




Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...