Tuesday, September 6, 2011

His Word for My Week!

My memory verse for this week is Psalm 119:10. 
As I meditated on this verse this week, these scriptures came to mind:

"For without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him."
Hebrews 11:6 

    "I love those who love Me and those who diligently seek Me will find Me."
Proverbs 8:17

"O God, Thou art my God, early will I seek Thee:  my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is."
Psalm 63:1

"Thy Word have I hid in my heart, that I might not sin against Thee."
Psalm 110:11

Our pastor taught us that the "eth" means continual action...
comes and keeps on coming,
thirsts and keeps on thirsting,
longs and keeps on longing...love that! 


How do we seek God with a whole heart:
  • Be prepared for distractions and opposition when you determine to whole-heartedly seek Him.
  • Seek Him by reading His Word and praying before doing anything else in our day. Take time to share with Him our shortcomings and sin.  Repent and ask for forgiveness.  Determine to spend time with Him especially when things are going wrong and we get discouraged.
  • Ask the Holy Spirit to help us to make the Scriptures come alive to change our hearts and lives. 
  • Have our receivers up--having our hearts opened to heaven in every part of our day. Practice His presence throughout our day. 
  • Journalize what the Scriptures teach us about Himself:  His love, His power, His forgiveness, His wisdom, His holiness, His grace.  Seek to be like Him.  
  • Be obedient to do all that is written in His Word for His sake and His glory and our benefit (peace and joy).

joining Shanda for ON YOUR HEART TUESDAYS

 

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...