I am happy to be joining the Country Porch Friends Blog Party that starts today! Come and join this great blogging party by adding the above button to your blog!
Hi! I am Gen, and I am rather new at blogging starting my blog in April of this year. Initially my blog was to be a Cornish Family history site, but after visiting a few fellow bloggers, I knew right away that I wanted it to be more than that. I wanted it to include:
- My love for the Lord Jesus Christ and what he is doing in my life.
- The blessing of family and friends.
- My love for homemaking--cooking, baking, entertaining, home management, organizing, design & decorating, gardening, etc.
- My love for crafting--sewing, quilting, card making, scrap booking, crocheting and knitting,
- My love for England, especially Cornwall and all things English...tea, scones, pasties, trifles, movies, and dramas, music, and photography and art.
My husband and I were born and lived in Central New York until we moved to Arizona upon retirement in 2003. We have been friends for over 50 years, being married for 44 years. Our daughter continues to reside in New York with her family, and we make across-the-country treks each year to keep connected with one another. How blessed we were in 2008 to rejoice at the birth of our grandson. He surely is a delight!
Thankfully in 1982, my husband and I came to know the Lord Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. Our lives have never been the same. We now know the joy and peace which only Jesus can bring. Our lives now have such meaning and purpose, and have found it a blessing to be able to serve Him. We both have been involved in Youth Ministry, Women's Ministry (me), Deacon and Deaconess, Sunday School Teachers (him, K-2 and me, Middle school) and Awana Ministries for over 29 years. What a blessing it has been for us!
Even though I am a much older blogger than most, I do so enjoy reading how you younger bloggers are loving your husbands, raising your families, educating your children and living for the Lord. It blesses me so, and I know that I can still learn much from you. I am thankful also for other senior bloggers that I can share life with heart to heart. May we continue connecting, fellowshipping and being an encouragement to one another.