My Today's Get Well Helps:
1) Eat healthfully - raw veggies, gluten-free nut crackers, low-fat cheese, protein-rich chicken salad in
tomato cup. Green tea laced with nutrient, antioxidant, electrolyte-rich Tangerine Vitamin C
powder. Vitamin C helps to lower CRP, C reactive protein..,a protein that builds up in your blood
only when there's inflammation somewhere in your body. Mine has been rather high...I think I
well knew that! Your doctor may order a CRP test to monitor these conditions:
- Your heart attack or coronary artery disease risk
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Some forms of arthritis
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
asprin a day will lower CRP. I opted for policosanol as I am allergic to aspirin. It will be
interesting to see how this works. It is also great natural way to lower cholesterol (I need help
4) Vitamins and herbs - A good multi-vitamin, D3, fish oil, etc. I will post more on the benefits and
research on these later.
5) Focus on others - I plan to mail my grandchildren a little love box with special notes, and maybe a
little spending money. They love getting packages in the mail! Lifts my spirits just thinking about
how happy they will be to open the box!
6) Surround myself with uplifting things - smelling a warm autumn-scented candle and listening to
wonderful Christian Piano music from Pandora Radio.
7) Rest - The most difficult thing for me to do! I want to be functioning and productive. But I know
that God orders my rests as well a my busy, productive times. I am trying to learn to appreciate
these slower, restorative times also. The only downside to this is that I often have to un-commit to
something that I have committed myself to and heed the physician's advise to rest. I am learning to
choose my commitments wisely.
8) Pray - When in extreme pain, pray...pray like crazy. God hears our cries for help. He loves and
cares for us. 2 Peter 5:7 "Casting your cares on Him, because he cares for you."
He often answers with great physicians who help ease our pain and head us in the direction of
health. I am blessed with a wonderful, caring, listening, knowledgeable physician.
He often answers using a spouse who lovingly helps with the household cores, meal
preparation, drives to doctor's office and pharmacy. I am blessed with a loving, caring husband.
He often answers with encouraging words, calls and cards from loved ones and friends. I am
blessed with many caring, helpful, loving friends and family.
He often answers with an amazing aware pup, Ivy, who has not left my side for days. Even
when the bedroom door has been shut, my husband says she lays by the door waiting to be at
I am learning from my "Winter Experience...that
when life blows it coldest chill, that's when hope grows its strongest."
Hoping for better days ahead!
Hoping for better days ahead!
Joining Shanda for "On Your Heart" Tuesdays (Okay, so I am day late!)
Joining Trish for LACE Wednesdays (Right on time!)
Have a Blessed Day,