Friday, March 9, 2012

Foody Friday -Oh Beans!

Off to a Hot Dog Roast this afternoon and the hostess asked me to bring Baked Beans.  This recipe was given to me by my friends, Cindy and her mom, Vi.  This is a traditional dish on their holiday table and oh, it is tasty.  My husband asked me to get the recipe and so here it is with a little tweaking (addition of onions and peppers.)


      


Baked Beans
1 lb. hamburger, browned
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 large can pork and beans  (I use 2 or 3 15 oz. cans)
1 can butter beans, drained  (Most of the time I can't find these so I use white beans)
1 can kidney beans, drained
1/4 c. ketchup
1/3 c. barbeque sauce
1/3 c. sugar
1/3 c. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. molasses
1 tsp. mustard
1/2 cup each of chopped onion and green, yellow, & red peppers
Combine and bake 1 hour at 350° or put in crockpot.


Have a Yummy Day!
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...