I am thankful for Computer Technology!
Yesterday my laptop battery was draining and the AC adapter was not working to recharge the battery. So I went one whole day without the use of my computer. I am amazed at how dependent I have become on this piece of technology, and how thankful I am when it is operating!
I am thankful that the WWW and my computer help me to:
- Stay in touch with family and friends on a daily basis through e-mail and Skype.
- Socialize on Facebook and Google Friends around the world.
- Create a blog and connect with blogging friends to get a visual clip of their hearts and homes.
- Read the latest news and check the weather forecasts.
- Research any topic.
- Help plan meals and to find and store recipes.
- Plan trips by land or air--book hotel/motel rooms, make reservations for car rentals, airline flights, GPS's, etc.
- Create crafty projects...scrapbooking, knitting, crocheting, interior & exterior decorating, etc.
- Keep track of our finances and do online banking.
- Store, edit photos and make scrapbook pages, programs, bookmarks, greeting cards, etc.
- Develop reports and make visual presentations.
- Listen to music and to view videos.
- Store images, videos and objects on my pinboard on Pinterest and network with other pinboards.
- Study the scriptures using online Bibles and commentaries and to download Biblical messages and sermons.