Saturday, November 17, 2012

30 Days of Thanksgiving - Day 16

I am thankful for Computer Technology!  


Yesterday my laptop battery was draining and the AC adapter was not working to recharge the battery.  So I went one whole day without the use of my computer.  I am amazed at how dependent I have become on this piece of technology, and how thankful I am when it is operating!

I am thankful that the WWW and my computer help me to:

  • Stay in touch with family and friends on a daily basis through e-mail and Skype.
  • Socialize on Facebook and Google Friends around the world.
  • Create a blog and connect with blogging friends to get a visual clip of their hearts and homes.
  • Read the latest news and check the weather forecasts.
  • Research any topic.
  • Help plan meals and to find and store recipes.
  • Plan trips by land or air--book hotel/motel rooms, make reservations for car rentals, airline flights, GPS's, etc.
  • Create crafty projects...scrapbooking, knitting, crocheting, interior & exterior decorating, etc.
  • Keep track of our finances and do online banking.
  • Store, edit photos and make scrapbook pages, programs, bookmarks, greeting cards, etc.
  • Develop reports and make visual presentations.
  • Listen to music and to view videos.
  • Store images, videos and objects on my pinboard on Pinterest and network with other pinboards.
  • Study the scriptures using online Bibles and commentaries and to download Biblical messages and sermons.
Looking back on that list, it does seems extraordinary that we have this technology at our finger tips each and every day.  We are blessed!

Have a Blessed Day,
 
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...