Friday, November 2, 2012

30 days of Thanksgiving - Day 2


I am thankful for the Comforting Word of God.
He is a God Who comes to the weak and hurting with strength (com-with, fort-strength).


 Psalm 119:49-52
"Remember the word unto thy servant, upon which thou hast caused me to hope. This is my comfort in my affliction: for Thy Word hath quickened me. The proud have had me greatly in derision: yet have I not declined from Thy law. I remembered thy judgments of old, O LORD; and have comforted myself."
Romans 15:4 
 "For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope."

2 Corinthians 1:3-7
"Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ. And whether we be afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation. And our hope of you is steadfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation."

1 Thessalonians 4:18
 "Wherefore comfort one another with these words." 



  •  It is a comfort that we can have God's power in our lives.
  •  It is a comfort that we can have God's leadership day by day.
  •  It is a comfort that we can have daily bread (spiritual and physical).
  •  It is a comfort that one day we will have a new body and be free from this one (Yahoo!)
  •  It is a comfort that we can have the peace of God in the midst of tribulation.
  •  There is great comfort in the Scriptures!



  •  God gives comfort through faith.
  •  God gives comfort through the Word of God.
  •  God gives comfort through other people.
  •  God gives comfort through us to others.

Heavenly Father, I need comforting from time to time and am so thankful that You care about me and what I go through from day to day.  When I am physically and emotionally needy, Your Word comforts me and strengthens me with hope to carry on.  Thank you, Father, for those who have come along side me and have comforted me.  Help me to be a comfort to those who may be in need of comforting.  I praise you for being the God of all comfort!  In Jesus name, Amen!  

Have a blessed day,


Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...