Monday, November 5, 2012

30 Days of Thanksgiving - Day 5



I am thankful for Friends!


"We need not set out in search for a friend...rather, we must simply set out to be the friend Christ modeled--anticipating the needs of others, wearing ourselves out at giving.  Jesus died doing it."  
Jon MacKenzie

Proverbs 18:24
"There is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother."

Proverbs 27:9, 17
"Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel.
Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend."

John 15:15
"I no longer call you servants...Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you."  What a friend we have in Jesus!

Heavenly Father,  Thank You for my friends. Help me not take them for granted for my life would be but poor without them.  Help me to enrich their lives as they have mine.   Be with my friends when we can't be together.  Thank You that miles have no meaning in eternity.  I thank You for new friends that you send into my life.  Remind me that You have new ways to touch me through each person I meet.  Thank you, Father, for Jesus, what a friend we have in Him. There is no greater friend than One willing to lay down His life for another.  How very grateful I am that His great sacrifice has spared me from sin and self, and has brought me into an amazing intimate relationship with Him.  In Jesus Precious Name, Amen


Have a Blessed Day,


Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...