Yummies from New York! So glad we decided to drive cross country to New York this year as it enabled us to bring back a good amount of our favorite NY grocery items.
- Grandma Brown Home Baked Beans (4 small can, 2 medium can, and 1 large)-I add a little yellow mustard and brown sugar and top with bacon slices. Rick loves these with Hoffman Franks (which we cannot get in AZ) and vinegar. I did make a batch while we were there.
- State Fair Chicken and Spiedie Sauce-so good to marinate chicken and beef!
- From the Amish Country Store in Vernon, NY Jake & Amos's Red Pepper Relish and Mrs. Miller's No Sugar Raspberry Jam, and gummy candy which was eaten on our trek back to AZ.
- From our friend, Kim, canned goodies from her country kitchen-Sweet pickles, relish, and strawberry jam! Wonderful gifts. We also appreciate their treating us to lunch after Sunday Service and a fun visit to their Ava farm.
- Thanks to our friend, Marge, for Cherry Gummies from the Amish Country Store (eaten while there in NY) and handmade kitchen scrubbies. I just love the scrubbies made from nylon netting and so doesn't Rick. He thinks they are great for scrubbing car tires.
Yes, these are a few of our favorite things from New York. Oh, forgot to mention real Italian sweet sausage served with peppers and onions. Wished we could buy that here in AZ!
Have a Yummy Day,