Wednesday, October 30, 2013

His Word for My Week - "Good Things"


Scripture:

"O taste and see that the Lord is good:  blessed is the man that trusteth in Him.  O fear the Lord ye His saints: for there is no want to them that fear Him.  The young lions do not lack and suffer hunger:  but they that seek the Lord shall not want any good thing."  Psalm 34:8-10

 
 
I think that when I consider what I might call a good thing might be something that would make me happy.  You know, the, "If only I had this or that, then I would be very happy and content."  But I am sure that God's idea of meeting my needs would be things that fit into His individualized purpose and plan for my life.   His provision for me might be clothes, homes, food, family, friends, good health, talent, giftedness, and opportunity.  But also He might allow me to be out of my comfort zone for a bit so that I might learn to become more dependent on Him and less self sufficient.  Trouble and need can be valuable teachers that draw me closer to the Lord and help me to realize that "He is the Good Thing!."   The more I have of Him the less the need is for anything else. 
 
"O, Lord, giver of good gifts, thank You for all your good gifts given to me and my family.   My heart is overflowing with gratitude.  May I come to You seeking You rather than the treasures You provide.  Lord, all I want and need is more of YOU!  In Jesus Precious Name, Amen
 
Have a Blessed Day,



Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...