Sunday, December 1, 2013

Memories of Thanksgiving 2013



We had such a wonderful Thanksgiving Day together with our friends, the Rhodes and the DeKruifs. We are so blessed to have such dear friends.  I tried to get the side dishes pretty much prepared the day before just leaving the ham and turkey, potatoes, and gravy for Thanksgiving Day. 
Our guests brought apple and pumpkin pie, and a beautiful floral centerpiece for the table.  I decided to bring out the china my mother passed along to me.  I can remember this being on our dinner table every holiday as I was growing up.  I have always love it and am so thankful to have it.  This is only the second time we have used these in 10 years of being in Arizona.  We must use it more! 

Yes, and that is my dear husband, getting a start on the dishes.  After packaging up take home bags, our friends graciously pitched in and the kitchen was cleaned up in no time.  

God has blessed us so this past year, and we are truly thankful for His continued goodness to us.  How very thankful we are for our wonderful family and friends, our cozy home, plenteous food and provision, and a dear church family.  


Have a Blessed Day,



Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...